Monday 6 October 2014

The Critical Literacy

Assalamualaikum and greeting to all the readers. I hope you have a very pleasant day today and ahead. First and foremost, when I heard about Critical Literacy from the previous seniors I have to admit that my confidence level deescalated by all the comments and grievance that I heard them. Most of them told me that in critical literacy the most important thing to do is read, read, read, and read a lot. Because in order to fully grasps what critical literacy really is reading is a must. By reading, we can know what is the writer trying to convey in the text or article that the we read. By the fact that reading a lot of writing is vital if we wanted to achieved a good understanding of the subject it just make me hand shivers as what I detest the most is reading. Maybe detest is not the right word for it. But it is what I need to describe what my expectation when I first heard about the subject from the seniors.


Basically, most of the previous seniors have instill a bad perception towards the subject with all their comments and grievance. So, I entered the first class of the subject with a perception that Critical Literacy is hard, tiring, and a lot more harder than the previous subject in my mind. But then, it all changed after I was properly introduce about the subject from the lecturer. It was mind blowing, knowing that this subject is not as hard as the previous seniors was telling me. All of the comments and grievance was nothing but overrated because Critical literacy is nothing like what they claimed. 

They that claimed Critical Literacy is making their life harder than it already is and that statement greatly influence my perception towards the subject. But sadly, I have to disagree with that statement as what I can see is this subject help me to understand things better. I must say that this subject is really interesting. In the first class of this subject I was introduced to the Rule of Ten, whereas in that particular rules it will help me in analyzing articles and most importantly what the writer is trying to convey in his or her writing.  I hope I can gain more from this subject in the next class as I am eager to learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment